Hi, friends! One of my all time favorite tools that I use for creating fun things for my classroom is my Silhouette Cameo, and I'm so excited to share some of my own classroom Cameo creations, as well as a few others!
This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience. Any purchases made through one of our links earns us a small commission, at no extra cost to you, which helps to support the blog so we can continue sharing content like this with you. All views and opinions expressed are purely our own.
A few years back, I got into the business of designing invitations... and by business, I mean for my niece and nephew. That particular year my nephew wanted a pirate themed birthday in the worst way. I scoured Pinterest for some design ideas, and found one that was absolutely perfect. Of course, I got to work designing the perfect invite. The only problem was that I didn't have a cutting machine to cut out the pirate ship.
I thought about buying a machine solely for this project, but then opted to buy just the cartridge and borrow a friend's machine. I knew I wanted a cutting machine that allowed me to cut numerous images and fonts without having to purchase a separate cartridge. A few weeks later, I read about the Silhouette Cameo on Growing Kinders.
I knew it was exactly the machine I was looking for, and I could hardly wait to begin creating awesome projects for my home and classroom! Here are some of my own creations and few of my favorite Silhouette finds!
1. Personalized Caddies
These are perfect for back-to-school teacher gifts! I like to keep mine at my small group table, or even on top of my desks filled with colorful pens, Sharpies, and Mr. Sketch markers. You can read more about how I made these here.
2. Personalized ClipboardsThese also make great teacher gifts. These were one of the first creations I made with my Cameo!
3. Back-to-School Photo PropI absolutely loved our back-to-school photo prop this year! It was super easy to make, and I can definitely use it again next year!
4. DIY Felt StoryboardsThis year, I decided to make some felt storyboards that my kiddos could use to practice retelling some of our favorite stories. You can read more about these creations here.
5. Wordle DeskThis is by far one of my favorite finds! A Year of Many Firsts nailed it with these brightly colored words of wisdom!
6. Bulletin Board LettersThis is a must see tutorial! Megan from I Teach What's Your Superpower walks through each of the steps to cutting out letters with your Silhouette Cameo!
7. Personalized Water BottlesRowdy in Room 300 used some of Melonheadz adorable clipart to create these personalized water bottles for her own kiddos, but I think they would be super cute as an end-of-the-year gift too!
8. Book BinThis book bin from The Very Busy Kindergarten is a super cute way to collect all of your library books!
9. Hello DoorI desperately want to recreate this "Oh, hello." door from What the Teacher Wants! Talk about adorable!
10. Inspirational Wall ArtDid you know that you can purchase these predesigned quotes from Silhouette's Design Store?!?! Now, I just need to find the perfect spot in my classroom!
11. Gift TagsI'm loving these simple gift tags from I Teach What's Your Super Power! I think I'll be busting out the Cameo to make some Christmas tags!
12. Desk DécorHow cute is the front of Funky Fresh Firsties' desk?!
13. Focus WallsSun, Sand and Second Grade used her Cameo to create headers for her focus wall and calendar. Genius!
14. Bulletin BoardsIs this not the most eye-catching back-to-school board?! I almost can't wait until next year so I can create this wall of awesomeness!
15. CentersAnother reason I purchased the Cameo is for its ability to cut out printed material. Simply send your file to the printer so that Silhouette's Design software can create print marks. Then, insert the printed file into your Cameo machine, and PRESTO! The Male Kindergarten Teacher is taking full advantage of this amazing feature!
If you are looking for more classroom DIY projects, don't forget to check out my "Classroom DIY" board on Pinterest!
Now that I've given you a million classroom Cameo ideas, you all can see why I can't live without my Silhouette Cameo!